The Pride in the Park Festival acknowledges the achievements and progress made in and by the local queer community and beyond. Lehigh Valley's Pride festival has been a vibrant community event since 1993. In 2017, Pride of the Greater Lehigh Valley merged with Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center.
The event includes vendors, merchants, artisans, business services and community groups, games and live entertainment. Pride in the Park has grown to include over 4,000 attendees and is held on the charming grounds of Cedar Beach Park in Allentown, PA. Allentown is located 50 north of Philadelphia and 70 miles east of New York City with a population of approximately of 700,000.
PRIDE IN THE PARK 2018
Sunday, August 19, 2018
12 noon - 6pm
Cedar Beach Park, Allentown, PA
Admission: $5, children ages 12 and under free, youth 14-21 can earn a free ticket to pride through participation in Project SILK.
Pride in the Park is a smoke-free event. Smoking, vaping, juuling, and chewing tobacco are not permitted anywhere at the festival.
Drag performers include Vanessa 'Vanjie' Mateo of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10 and her drag family, Alexis Mateo (RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3 / All Stars Season 1) and Jelitza Fearce (Current Miss Renaissance Plus).
- Musical performers include The Philadelphia Freedom Marching Band, folk singer Bobby Jo Valentine, electro-pop band Sateen, and Spanish-langnguage band Interminable. Local entertainers will be announced shortly.
Click here to view our vendor and sponsorship opportunities. For questions, or if interested in joining us as a sponsor, please contact Oliver Reilly, Development Manager, at email@example.com or 610-347-9988 x104
Click here for our vendor application. Vendor application deadline has been extended until July 20th.
Schedule of Events
Sunday, August 19th
Worship @ Pride, 10:30am-12pm (hosted by Metropolitan Community Church of the Lehigh Valley) - Cedar Beach Park in Allentown: MCCLV celebrates Pride in the Park with an Outdoor Worship Service. Open to all
Pride in the Park, 12 noon - 6pm
Pride in the Park Highlights include:
New this year:
- Artist Promenade - Meet LGBT artists and crafters at Pride!
- Project SILK Teen Space - Youth ages 14-21 are welcome to participate in space designed by and for teens.
- The Pride Pub – Featuring locally-brewed beers from Fegley's Brew Works and locally-crafted mead from The Colony Meadery.
Returning this year:
- Top-Notch Entertainment - Enjoy a full-day of celebration of LGBT arts and culture under the covered, stage tent.
- Gay Bingo - A full-day of charity bingo featuring drag performers and local celebrity bingo callers. Proceeds benefit Fighting Aids Continuously Together (F.A.C.T.)
- The Barefoot Wine Bar - Reds, whites and everything in between will be poured at the Pride in the Park Wine Bar. Festival goers can enjoy a variety of wines over period at the wine bar located near the main stage.
- KidsSpace - Youth up to age 14 are welcome to enjoy crafts, games, and more at this special tent created for families with younger ones in mind. Facilitated by Metropolitan Community Church of the Lehigh Valley.
- Over 100 Vendors/Merchants and Non-Profit Organizations.