Project SILK Lehigh Valley creates brave space for LGBT youth of color and their social networks to be themselves. Project SILK Lehigh Valley provides daily, professionally-staffed youth programs for LGBT youth ages 14-21, builds leadership among LGBT youth and provides HIV interventions to empower youth to be their own healthcare advocates.
As a youth empowerment program, Project SILK Lehigh Valley develops youth leadership within the program. Program participants have a clear voice in determining the direction of the program.
Hours of Operation: Project SILK Lehigh Valley is open from 3-7pm Monday-Friday.
Location: Project SILK Lehigh Valley operates out of the first floor at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center, 522 W. Maple St., Allentown, PA 18101 -- enter at the side entrance on S. Law St.
For more information, email email@example.com
The youth-led program is supported by professional staff:
- Program Coordinator: Andrew Palomo, Valley Youth House
- Youth Programs Manager: Kim Ketterer, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
- HIV Education & Outreach Coordinator: Benjamin “Benji” Shepherd, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
- Housing Mentor & Peer Counselor: Chloe Cole-Wilson, Valley Youth House
- Medical Director: Dr. Joseph Yozviak, D.O., AIDS Activities Office at Lehigh Valley Hospital