The Fine Art Galleries at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center invites local and regional artists to participate in a juried exhibit, "To Sir Elton, With Love" which will run from September 4-October 5, 2018. The artist reception will be held on Thursday September 20 from 6-8pm.
The exhibit will be juried by Paul Willistein, Focus Editor of Lehigh Valley Press, Adrian Shanker, Executive Director of Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center, and Deborah Rabinsky, Curator.
Sir Elton John’s final tour, Farewell Yellow Brick Road, kicks off September 8 in Allentown, PA and this exhibit is an opportunity for artists to recognize Elton John’s music career with works created utilizing lyrics from his music.
- There is no cost to submit works for consideration.
- Artists may create and submit works that are either 16x20 or 20x24 (frame size), framed and wired for hanging (works not wired will not be included).
- Works must incorporate the lyrics from a song by Sir Elton John.
- All works must be two-dimensional.
- No more than two works of art per artist will be included.
- To have artwork considered for inclusion in the exhibit, artists should email a high-resolution photograph, along with the title of the work, sale price (artists receive 60% commission), medium, and dimensions, the name of the Elton John song the artist used lyrics from, as well as a brief artist bio no later than August 1st to email@example.com.
- Informational tags next to the artwork will only include the artist name, title of the piece, medium, and the name of the Elton John song.
- All submission materials must be included in one email to be considered. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Artists selected from the exhibit are expected to drop off their work at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center during the week of August 27th during regular business hours, attend the artist reception, and pick up unsold artwork within 15 days of the conclusion of the exhibit. Works not claimed after 30 days become property of Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center.
The Fine Art Galleries at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center celebrate LGBT artists and LGBT-themed art. Learn more about the arts & culture programs at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center at www.bradburysullivancenter.org
**** organizations or businesses interested in sponsoring a purchase award for this show should contact Oliver@bradburysullivancenter.org ****