Matt Easterwood's 12 Days of Giving Page
In 2019, I asked my family and friends to help Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center harness the power of individual donors - of our community - to set us up to thrive and succeed in 2020.
This past year has been the most challenging in living memory, and that is no exception for nonprofits nor the LGBTQ+ community. But our community was there with us the whole time. We harnessed your support, and against all odds, we continued to flourish. And when we flourish, the LGBT community thrives too. You accomplished so much in 2020:
- Our community provided essential resources for more than 170 LGBT youth
- Our community delivered more than 200 healthy food care packages to LGBT youth in need
- Our community made critical connections for more than 220 LGBT adults to essential community groups and services
- Our community supported our work with Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine to ensure that LGBT Pennsylvanians would be counted in our state's COVID-19 infection data
- Our community helped us transform Lehigh Valley Pride to a virtual star-studded three-hour televised event
- Our community stopped Trump's discriminatory health policy that would have removed healthcare discrimination protections in the Affordable Care Act
- Our community helped us provide life-saving resources to LGBT youth who were forced into quarantine with families who do not love and accept them
- Our community ensured access to essential social, mental, and sexual health resources to our community during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Our community stopped the Northampton County Council's misguided attempt to put LGBT civil rights on the ballot.
- Our community made certain x people registered to vote in Pennsylvania - the state that determined the outcome of the 2020 election.
- Our community worked to eliminate social isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic by helping us offer x arts & culture events that brought the community together
- Our community knows the importance of providing the LGBT population of the Lehigh Valley with arts, health, youth, and pride programs all year long
Those are just 12 of your life-transforming accomplishments over the past year. Now, as 2020 comes to a close, it is time to prepare for another year and harness the power of our community once again. The LGBT community needs us to put in the work, and we can't do that without your support.
The "12 Days of Giving" at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center are upon us and we need to raise $24,000 from individuals in the final 12 days of 2020. Would you please consider a tax-deductible donation of $42, $85, or more?
P.S. If your employer matches charitable donations, please don't forget to let them know about your gift as well!