[Image description: Image features graphics of clipboard, medical bag, and band aid over top of a blue background. There is a rainbow progress-flag featured across the top of the graphic and the Bradbury-Sullivan Center logo is in the upper right-hand corner. The text in the center of the graphic reads "4-6pm, Get Tested Tuesdays." Then, the different testing services are listed as "COVID-19, HIV, HEP-C, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Healthcare Enrollment with Pennie." In the center of the lower potion of the graphic is "522 West Maple Street at Bayard Rustin Way Allentown, PA 18101"]
Testing for syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia is offered every 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 4 to 6 p.m. in partnership with Allentown Health Bureau.
All visitors must wear a mask to receive services. The center no longer requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Please find the next Get Tested Tuesday on our events page to RSVP.
- The CDC recommends that anyone who may have had sexual contact with someone who has syphilis gets tested immediately. Given that we are experiencing a “large-scale syphilis outbreak” in Allentown, we highly recommend that all sexually active people get tested.
- Testing is done via blood-draw, and results are typically available in 3-4 days.
Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Testing
- Testing is recommended annually for people under 25 with a cervix & people assigned male at birth who have penetrative sex.
- Testing for both STDs is done using a urine sample and are typically available in 3-4 days.
- When you enter the center, you will be greeted by one of our staff and given an intake form where you can choose what testing services you would like for the day
- When you select getting syphilis, chlamydia, or gonorrhea testing, you will be directed to the testing room or a space where you can wait while also social distancing.
- When it's your turn, the tester will greet you. The testing process takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Regardless of your results, you will receive follow-up contact from Allentown Health Bureau with your results and any additional resources you might need.