[Image description: A rectangular graphic announcing "Health Fairs" held on "Instagram Live" by the handle "@bsclehighvalley". Towards the right of the text, there are icons in pink and white that represent the different health topics of the fairs. Each fair is listed in white text with its topic and time: "Sexual Health - February 8 - 1:00 p.m. Eastern", " COVID-19 - February 11 - 2:00 p.m. Eastern", "Mental Health - February 17 - 2:00 p.m. Eastern", and "Healthcare Insurance - February 24 - 1:30 p.m. Eastern". Horizonal intersectional Pride stripes at at the bottom along with logos for participating libraries: Bethlehem Area Public Library, Parkland Community Library, Kutztown Community Library, and Eastern Monroe Public Library. The Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center and Women's 5K Classic logos are in the top right corner of the graphic.]
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is partnering with four public libraries and local health experts to deliver trusted information and resources on a variety of health topics through virtual health fairs.
Join us throughout the month of February on Instagram Live at @BSCLehighValley. Each virtual fair will be saved on the center's Instagram page afterwards.
February 8 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern in partnership with Bethlehem Area Public Library
- Keynote speaker: Emmett Patterson, Associate Director of Building Healthy Online Communities
- Primary health topics: sexual health including related screenings and the new PrEP guidance, and healthy relationships among LGBTQ+ youth
February 11 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern in partnership with Parkland Community Library
- Keynote speaker: Vicky Kistler, Director of Allentown Health Bureau
- Primary health topics: COVID-19, respiratory health, and preventative health care
February 17 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern in partnership with Kutztown Community Library
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Christine Haasz, Licensed Psychologist
- Primary health topics: mental health, brave spaces for LGBTQ+ youth, and quitting tobacco
February 24 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern in partnership with Eastern Monroe Public Library
- Keynote speaker: Owen Pudliner, Health Enrollment Coordinator at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
- Primary health topics: health insurance, and routine & preventative health care including cancer screenings
This award is supported by funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health under cooperative agreement number UG4LM013729 at the University of Iowa, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
This project was funded in part through a grant from Women’s 5K Classic.
PLEASE NOTE: Your use of information contained on this and all other pages of this website is subject to the terms and conditions more fully set forth in our Disclaimer.