NOTE: All visitors to Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT
Community Center must wear a mask.
Please read our full vaccination policy here.
[Image description: Graphic with a white background with curved rainbow lines in the top left and bottom right corners. Diverse people are featured in badge shaped photo frames. Times for the services are listed about the "Queer Health Services" title, with testing information below. The Novus and Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center logo is in the bottom left.]
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is now partnering with Novus to offer STI testing services to our community.
FREE testing will be available for HIV, Hep-C, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia on the 1st Saturday of the month from 11 am - 1 pm and the 4th Wednesday of the month from 5 pm - 7pm.
Below is some additional information about STI testing:
- The CDC recommends that everyone age 13-64 get tested for HIV at least once as a part of routine healthcare.
- For individuals with certain risk factors, such as having an HIV+ partner, being diagnosed with another STI, and more, is it suggested that they get tested at least once a year.
- Testing is done via a blood draw, as it provides the most accurate results, and the results have a 3-5 day turnaround.
- The CDC recommends that everyone aged 18 years and older be tested for Hep-C at least once in their lifetime
- Additional testing may be suggested for individuals with additional risk factors that can be seen on the CDC website.
- Testing is done via a sample of blood sample and results are rapid.
- The CDC recommends that anyone who may have had sexual contact with someone who has syphilis gets tested immediately. Given that we are experiencing a “large-scale syphilis outbreak” in Allentown, we highly recommend that all sexually active people get tested.
- Testing is done via blood-draw, and results are typically available in 3-5 days.
Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Testing:
- Testing is recommended annually for people under 25 with a cervix & people assigned male at birth who have penetrative sex.
- Testing for both STIs is done via a throat swab, rectal swab, or urine sample and are typically available in 3-5 days.
- When you enter the center, you will be greeted by one of our staff.
- After completing your intake form or confirming that you completed online in advance, you will be directed to the testing room or a space where you can wait while also social distancing.
- When it's your turn, the tester will greet you. The testing process takes less than 15 minutes.
- You will receive the results of your tests within 3-5 days.