Bill McGlinn's 12 Days of Giving Page
As we bring 2020 to a close, I am reaching out to my family and friends to support the Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center harness the power of individual donors - of our community. Together we can ensure the Center will thrive and continue to serve our community in 2021.
"Rights are won only by those who make their voices heard." ~ Harvey Milk
This past year the Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center became my voice in the darkness of the COVID-19 crisis and the unrelenting attacks by the Trump Administration to dismantle our hard-fought civil rights.
- Our community provided essential resources for more than 170 LGBT youth and delivered more than 200 healthy food care packages to LGBT youth to in need
- Our community made critical connections for more than 220 LGBT adults to essential community groups and services
- Our community supported work with Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine to ensure that LGBT Pennsylvanians would be counted in our state's COVID-19 infection data
- Our community helped us transform Lehigh Valley Pride to a virtual star-studded three-hour televised event
- Our community stopped Trump's discriminatory health policy that would have removed healthcare discrimination protections in the Affordable Care Act
- Our community helped us provide life-saving resources to LGBT youth who were forced into quarantine with families who do not love and accept them
- Our community ensured access to essential social, mental, and sexual health resources to our community during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Our community stopped the Northampton County Council's misguided attempt to put LGBT civil rights on the ballot.
- Our community worked to eliminate social isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic by helping us offer over 50 arts & culture events that brought the community together
- Our community knows the importance of providing the LGBT population of the Lehigh Valley with arts, health, youth, and pride programs all year long
These are just 10 of the life-transforming accomplishments people like you were responsible for over the past year. In 2021 The Center needs to put in the work, and we need to stand with them and provide our support. Our voices and those of all The Center serves will continue to be heard!
The "12 Days of Giving" at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center are upon us and we need to raise $24,000 from individuals in the final 12 days of 2020. Would you please consider a tax-deductible donation of $42, $85, or more?
P.S. If your employer matches charitable donations, please don't forget to let them know about your gift as well!