Project SILK Lehigh Valley is an LGBTQ+ inclusive drop-in program located at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center, managed in partnership with Valley Youth House. This program is youth-led, adult-supported and offers free health services like HIV/STI testing, healthy food and snacks, active recreation, peer support, and discussions on a variety of health and social topics.
As a youth empowerment program, Project SILK Lehigh Valley is a brave space where youth are empowered to be leaders within the program. Program participants have a clear voice in determining the direction of the program.
Hours of Operation: Project SILK Lehigh Valley is open from 3-7pm Monday-Friday.
Location: Project SILK Lehigh Valley operates out of the first floor at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center, 522 W. Maple St., at Bayard Rustin Way, Allentown, PA 18101 -- enter at the side entrance on Bayard Rustin Way.
For more information, email email@example.com
The youth-led program is supported by professional staff:
- Youth Programs Manager: Kim Ketterer, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
- Program Coordinator: Chloe Cole-Wilson, Valley Youth House
- Healthy Eating & Active Living Coordinator: Alaina Schaeffer, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
- Research and Evaluation Manager: Katie Suppes
- Medical Director: Dr. Joseph Yozviak, D.O., AIDS Activities Office at Lehigh Valley Hospital