[Image description: A rectangular graphic with a light blue background. Images of a clipboard, first aid kit, and bandage are featured. White text in the center reads "1st and 3rd Tuesdays 4:00-6:00 p.m." and "Get Tested Tuesdays". Below in a white-outlined rectangle is white text that reads "COVID-19, HIV, HEP-C, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Healthcare Enrollment with Pennie". The Bradbury-Sullivan Center logo is in the lower right corner, and horizontal intersectional Pride stripes are to the left of the logo. White text in the upper right corner reads "522 West Maple Street at Bayard Rustin Way, Allentown, PA 18101".]
Testing for syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia is offered on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month from 4 to 6 p.m. in partnership with The Allentown Health Bureau.
All visitors to the center will need to wear a mask.
- The CDC recommends that anyone who may have had sexual contact with someone who has syphilis gets tested immediately. Given that we are experiencing a “large-scale syphilis outbreak” in Allentown, we highly recommend that all sexually active people get tested.
- Testing is done via blood-draw and results are typically available in 3-4 days.
Gonorrhea & Chlamydia Testing
- Testing is recommended annually for people under 25 with a cervix & people assigned male at birth who have penetrative sex.
- Testing for both STDs is done using a urine sample and are typically available in 3-4 days.
To learn more about our other supportive services, contact [email protected].
- When you enter the center, you will be greeted by one of our staff and given an intake form where you can choose what testing services you would like for the day
- When you select getting syphilis, chlamydia, or gonorrhea testing, you will be directed to the testing room or a space where you can wait while also social distancing.
- When it's your turn, the tester will greet you. The testing process takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Regardless of your results, you will receive follow-up contact from the Allentown Health Bureau with your results and any additional resources you might need.