Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center creates a vibrant LGBT community in the Lehigh Valley through arts, health, youth, and pride programs as well as supportive services, training, and advocacy.
We are conveniently located adjacent to the Community Parking Deck at the corner of 6th and Walnut streets, where there is also City bike share station and free bicycle parking. Metered street parking is also available on Hamilton, 5th, and Walnut streets. More questions about parking? See our map.
We are located just two blocks from the Allentown Transportation Center.
Land Acknowledgement: Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is located on Walking Treaty lands, the original and unceded lands of the Lenape people. We acknowledge the harms of the past and are committed to moving forward in solidarity with indigenous communities.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center's opening hours are 10am-6pm Monday-Friday, however we are currently working virtually and the physical community center is not open to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Fine Art Galleries have reopened in a pop-up gallery in the Allentown Arts Walk (21 N 7th st, Allentown, PA) and the opening hours for the gallery are 11am-6pm Tuesday through Friday, and by chance and appointment. Create and Be: Paintings and Photographs by Courtney Natt and Sylvia Thompson presents an exploration of race and gender. In addition, we are exhibiting a window installation called Surrealist Rise Up, a rainbow fairy wing and costume dress by Allentown costume designer Noelle Molloy. Molloy's work, funded through an Arts of Encouragement grant from the City of Allentown, is intended to offer support for the LGBTQ+ community. To schedule an appointment outside of regular gallery hours, please contact email@example.com.
Project SILK Lehigh Valley is not currently offering in-person programming. To participate in our virtual programming, youth ages 14-21 can dm @projectsilkpride on Instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is closed on New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, The day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is committed to cross-movement solidarity and believes in access and inclusion for people with disabilities. Some of our accessibility efforts include:
- live closed captioning in all virtual reading groups, support groups, and community groups
- image descriptions are included alongside all images and videos in social media posts
- accessible parking is available in the Community Parking Deck for the parking spaces closes to the elevator on each floor. The deck is directly adjacent to our community center.
- Lehigh Valley Pride includes live ASL interpretation of both stages, reserved seating at both stages for older adults and people with disabilities, accessible parking, accessible outdoor restrooms, and large-print programs.
- Unfortunately, the front entrance to our building is not wheelchair accessible, however our side entrance (Bayard Rustin Way) is.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, HIV status, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, familial status, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or status as a veteran. For job applicants, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is a ban-the-box organization.
Green Energy & Environmental Sustainability:
As an environmentally-conscious organization, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center takes steps to reduce our environmental footprint. We separate waste from recycling, replace old lightbulbs with LED bulbs, and aim to purchase products made through recycled materials when possible. Our building is powered by 100% renewable energy sources on two of its three floors. Electricity on these floors is generated through solar, wind, hydro, biomass, landfill gas, and other renewable sources and its energy supplier is periodically audited to ensure compliance with renewable energy standards.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is a tobacco-free space in order to reduce involuntary exposure to secondhand smoke, raise awareness about tobacco disparities in the LGBT community, and ensure that Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is a cleaner, safer and healthier environment for employees, volunteers, and visitors. The use of all tobacco products (including, but not limited to cigarettes, e-cigarettes, hookahs, vapes and all smokeless products such as chew or dip) is prohibited on all Center-owned property.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is committed to ensuring a sober-social space for people living in recovery from alcohol and other drugs. All free community programs at the center that are open to the public are alcohol-free. At Lehigh Valley Pride, we incorporate a sober-social space at one of our stages to provide a safe pride environment for people living in recovery.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is proud to be recognized with numerous awards, including
- 2020 Coolest Space in the Lehigh Valley (Lehigh Valley Business)
- 2020 Voices of Smokefree Air Award (American Nonsmokers' Rights Foundation)
- 2019 Breast Cancer Community Partner Award (Pennsylvania Commission on Women)
- 2019 Bridgebuilder Award (Lehigh University Community Service Office)
- 2018 Allentown Arts Ovation Award for Outstanding Achievement in Literary Arts (Allentown Arts Commission)
- 2017 Rural Health Program of the Year Award (Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health)
- 2016 Excellence in Business Award (Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce).
In addition, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center has earned the Platinum Seal of Transparency from Guidestar and is a Top-Rated Non-Profit from GreatNonprofits.
Leadership in the Community:
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center's staff volunteer to serve as board leaders for numerous non-profit and governmental agencies. Currently, employees serve on the boards of:
- Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Association
- Association of Fundraising Professionals - Eastern PA Chapter
- LGBTQ Business Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Scholarship Committee and Events/Development Committee
- Muhlenberg College Board of Associates
- Non-Profit & Business Partners Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Northampton County Suicide Prevention Task Force
- Pennsylvania Department of Aging's Alzheimer's State Plan Task Force
- Pennsylvania Department of Health's COVID-19 Health Equity Response Team
- Pennsylvania Department of Health's Office of Health Equity Advisory Board
- Pennsylvania Commission on LGBTQ Affairs
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Young Professionals Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce