Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center creates a vibrant LGBT community in the Lehigh Valley through exciting LGBT arts & culture programs, leading-edge LGBT health programs, daily LGBT youth programs, critical supportive services, an annual regional pride festival, and an informative Training Institute.
We are conveniently located adjacent to the Community Parking Deck at the corner of 6th and Walnut streets, where there is also City bike share station and free bicycle parking. Metered street parking is also available on Hamilton, 5th, and Walnut streets. More questions about parking? See our map.
We are located just two blocks from the Allentown Transportation Center.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is located on original lands of Lenape and Iroquois people. We acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to moving forward in solidarity with indigenous communities.
Our administrative offices are open 10am-6pm Monday-Friday
The LGBT Library and Fine Art Galleries are open 10am-6pm Monday-Friday and during Center programs. The Fine Art Galleries are also open by appointment outside of our regular business hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment outside of regular gallery hours.
Project SILK Lehigh Valley is open 3pm-7pm Monday-Friday during the school year and 12pm-5pm in the Summer.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is closed on New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, The day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is committed to doing our best to ensuring access to programs and services for people with disabilities. To request accessibility accommodations at public events, please contact email@example.com at least one-full business day in advance.
Accessibility features at Lehigh Valley Pride include ASL interpretation of both stages, reserved seating at both stages for older adults and people with disabilities, accessible parking, accessible outdoor restrooms, and large-print programs.
Unfortunately, the front entrance to our building is not wheelchair accessible, however our side entrance (Bayard Rustin Way) is.
Accessible parking is available in the Community Parking Deck for the parking spaces closest to the elevator on each floor.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, HIV status, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, familial status, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or status as a veteran. For job applicants, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is a ban-the-box organization.
Green Energy & Environmental Sustainability:
As an environmentally-conscious organization, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center takes steps to reduce our environmental footprint. We separate waste from recycling, replace old lightbulbs with LED bulbs, and aim to purchase products made through recycled materials when possible. Our building is powered by 100% renewable energy sources on two of its three floors. Electricity on these floors is generated through solar, wind, hydro, biomass, landfill gas, and other renewable sources and its energy supplier is periodically audited to ensure compliance with renewable energy standards.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is a tobacco-free space in order to reduce involuntary exposure to secondhand smoke, raise awareness about tobacco disparities in the LGBT community, and ensure that Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is a cleaner, safer and healthier environment for employees, volunteers, and visitors. The use of all tobacco products (including, but not limited to cigarettes, e-cigarettes, hookahs, vapes and all smokeless products such as chew or dip) is prohibited on all Center-owned property.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is committed to ensuring a sober-social space for people living in recovery from alcohol and other drugs. All programs at the center that are open to the public are alcohol-free.
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is proud to be recognized with numerous awards, including
- 2020 Coolest Space in the Lehigh Valley (Lehigh Valley Business)
- 2019 Breast Cancer Community Partner Award (Pennsylvania Commission on Women)
- 2019 Bridgebuilder Award (Lehigh University Community Service Office)
- 2018 Allentown Arts Ovation Award for Outstanding Achievement in Literary Arts (Allentown Arts Commission)
- 2017 Rural Health Program of the Year Award (Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health)
- 2016 Excellence in Business Award (Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce).
In addition, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center has earned the Platinum Seal of Transparency from Guidestar and is a Top-Rated Non-Profit from GreatNonprofits.
Leadership in the Community:
Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center's staff volunteer to serve as board leaders for numerous non-profit and governmental agencies. Currently, employees serve on the boards of:
- Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Association
- Association of Fundraising Professionals - Eastern PA Chapter
- LGBTQ Business Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Scholarship Committee and Events/Development Committee
- Muhlenberg College Board of Associates
- Non-Profit & Business Partners Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Northampton County Suicide Prevention Task Force
- Pennsylvania Department of Aging's Alzheimer's State Plan Task Force
- Pennsylvania Department of Health's COVID-19 Health Equity Response Team
- Pennsylvania Commission on LGBTQ Affairs
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Young Professionals Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce