The data & evaluation department at Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center participates in research projects focused on strengthening the health and wellbeing of the LGBT community. The team is helping to fill the void of available research on LGBT health, identifying health disparities and barriers to care, and exploring possible strategies for addressing these issues. Research and innovative programs from Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center can be seen at a variety of conferences including annual conferences for the Society for Public Health Education, the American Public Health Association, the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, and the PA Community and Public Health Conference.
The most significant research project for the team is the biannual Pennsylvania LGBT Health Needs Assessment. Learn more about this project here.
Other research projects include:
Research In Smoking Elimination (RISE) Study - This program is designed to help individuals quit smoking and involves the use of nicotine patches and behavioral counseling. Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center is partnering with the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania to connect interested participants to this study. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Nonsurgical Facial Injectable Use by Transgender Individuals - This research was conducted in partnership with Patrick Kelly, MPH at Temple University and was supported by a Temple University College of Public Health Visionary Research Award. The study examined theoretically relevant psychosocial characteristics of trans individuals who had and had not had nonsurgical facial injectable procedures (also known as pumping or fillers). The results of the study provided foundations for future investigations aiming to reduce engagement with non-licensed providers of these services and increase equitable access to gender-affirming care.
Our Data & Evaluation team:
- Adrian Shanker, Executive Director
- Katie Suppes, M.Ed., Director of Programs, Research, and Evaluation
- Christina Graham Brasavage, MPH, Data and Evaluation Manager
- Liz Keiser, Graphic Design & Data Visualization Specialist
PLEASE NOTE: Your use of information contained on this and all other pages of this website is subject to the terms and conditions more fully set forth in our Disclaimer.